It is a good day to flaunt your super cute but also casual outfit. But there is something missing. You look around and find a necklace on your dresser. Yup, that is correct. You are missing out on some jewellery to help complete your style. Problem is, as you try it on, it just does not match! It could be because the outfit just really does not work with the jewellery, or perhaps because the trends have changed.
Now you are stuck at home and simply wondering what you have got to do to make things work. Here are a few tips to help you decide on which jewellery to wear:
- Think About Your Style – Let the first thing you consider always be your wardrobe and the kind of jewellery you have and what you want to wear. What do you want to project? Representation, image, lifestyle? Take a look below at some of the categories and what would be god jewellery to match with them
- Elegant – this version of you needs some pearls and diamonds, handbags and heal, hair-styled, make-up, and fancy clothes!
- Preppy – monograms and heart necklaces are a perfect addition to the cute, geeky schoolgirl look.
- Statement – do not go for patterns and colors that pop, wear something plain and simple, this gives you a better chance to show off your jewellery more but remember, do NOT overdo
- Sentimental – if you are wearing jewellery that has sentimental value to you and you have no plans on replacing it no matter the circumstances, you can try to mix them with different pieces—a gold locket with a long chain can be paired with a shorter chain to make the outfit look even better
- Make Sure You Are Comfortable
- You should not be walking around the world stiff and uncomfortable, you will definitely suffer—you could be wearing something heavy or itchy and oops, suddenly you have to wear it the whole day!
- Know Your Budget
- Sure, you have got the great stuff but are you really willing to sacrifice hard-earned money for expensive jewellery when you can buy more important things—it does sound nice to be buying from that certain store but maybe save up with some extra money before immediately purchasing what the pricey piece you have been eyeing
- How Many Is Too Many
- That is actually a personal preference. Some enjoy more, others go for less.
Now take a look at the categories of jewellery. There are four main ones: bracelet, earrings, necklaces, and rings
It is fun to mix and match these pieces. A necklace with this set of earrings, a ring with the bracelet…the possibilities are endless! Or if you want to leave things solo that is okay, too. Again, it is your preference.
Shop at a designer jewellery online and see the numerous pieces your heart will definitely want to buy!