The tradition of leather handicrafts and craftsmanship in India dates back to the the Indus Valley Civilization. World over, India has always been well known for its leather products, be it bags, belts, shoes, armours, home decor, among others. Regions in India like Bikaner and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan are especially popular for products made by highly skilled craftsmen. However, it is important to point out that leather products when purchased (especially in metro and urban India), are bought from high end brands that have their shops in malls. In doing so, this age old Indian craft perfected by rural craftsmanship is losing it’s value. Our aim is to help leather craftsmen through our crowdfunding India platform, to sell their products directly to customers, and enjoy the profits for it. We urge all of you to be part of a crowdfunding India, and help us do so by raising money for one or more leather craftsmen, and aid them financially, in the process of manufacturing and marketing to end customers.
- Raise money to help a craftsman source raw materials to create new and innovative products
- Help one or more craftsman start their own business/ workshop, by imparting knowledge about the market, and manufacturing process
- Help them raise money to cover expenses of equipment and labour for new and existing businesses
- Cover overhead expenses such as rent and electricity for their workshops
- Use crowdfunding to empower them with the necessary technology and knowledge required to compete with the larger market. Also teach them the basics of advertising and marketing to gain customers
- Lastly, help them gain a market, and transport their products to overseas customers, by raising money for the initial expenses of it
Our craftsmen in the smaller, remote villages of India may not have the knowledge nor access to technology or crowdfunding. This is where you come in. You can start a simple fundraiser in less than 5 minutes, for one or more leather craftsman, and raise money on their behalf. Let us all ensure that the benefits of a crowdfunding India are available to all, so that they may prosper in their businesses, while we take steps towards protecting ancient crafts that hold cultural value for our country.
Start your crowdfunding campaign with Impact Guru, today!